Montreal Associates takes data protection very seriously and is committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. The primary purpose of our website, www.montrealassociates.com, is to help visitors learn more about our organisation. if we do ask you to provide certain information, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice. The notice applies to all visitors to this website.
This Privacy Notice explains applies to how we collect, use and otherwise process personal information (personal data under as defined by the UK and EU versions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including if you register with us via our Candidate Registration process, through this website and from other sources, such as when you apply for a job through job sites such as Totaljobs, Indeed, Jobsite, and Jobserve.
The types of data we collect are laid out in the ‘What information do we collect?’ section below.
Montreal Associates (Systems) Ltd of: 2nd Floor, 4 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, is the Data Controller for your personal information together with our affiliates:
- Montreal Associates (Systems) S.L. (registered address Plaça de Catalunya, 20, 08002 Barcelona in Spain) and
- Montreal Associates GmbH (registered address An der Welle 4, 60322 Frankfurt am Main in Germany).
Montreal Associates’ has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your rights
Under certain circumstances and subject to certain conditions, by law you have the:
- Right to object (including where we are relying on legitimate interests or in relation to direct marketing): this right enables you to object to us processing your personal data including where we do so for (i) our legitimate interests, or (ii) for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities (for example, for our marketing arrangements), you may withdraw this consent at any time and we will cease to carry out the particular activity that you previously consented to unless there is an alternative lawful reason to permit our continued processing of your data for this purpose in which case we will inform you of this reason
- Data Subject Access Request: You may require us to confirm what information about you we are processing and have access to such information.
- Right to rectification: You also have the right to require that we rectify any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to require that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to require that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right of data portability: If you wish, you have the right in certain circumstances to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance from us.
You can also choose to manage the marketing communications you receive by using opt-out mechanisms in emails we send to you. In such cases, we will retain the minimum personal data necessary to record that you opted out, in order to avoid contacting you again.
If you have submitted personal information through this website and wish us to cease using it for the purposes submitted, please contact email@example.com.
2. How do we collect information from you?
We collect information on this website and through 3rd party platforms through the following ways:
- The search or qualification of job requirements process, prospective calls and participation in tender processes, either directly from you or from a third party such as but not limited to a job board, online portal or referral
- Information gathered via interaction with the Montreal Associates website
- when you opt to submit personal information, in order for us to send you further information or email alerts; when you request to view certain content, such as white papers, or research; when you apply for a job; or when you register for an event, conference or webinar
- We may receive or acquire information about our visitors, job seekers, customers and suppliers from third-party partners (such as background or credit check providers) or other third party sources (such as information from publicly available sites (like LinkedIn, Xing, Viadeo, Freelance-info.fr and other similar professional networking sites and job boards)), or a job seeker's third-party reference.
3. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your basic identification and contact details. This may include your name, company, address, telephone number, email address and other information that you provide us.
- Information about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your customer relationship with us and recruitment information. This may include information about your previous use of our products and services, right to work documentation, CV information, immigration, social security and criminal history information, your billing information, information about events you have attended, and feedback you have given us.
- Emergency contact details to call on in an emergency (where you are the candidate please ensure you obtain their consent for this) or referee’s contact details to obtain a reference.
- Details of the actions you take within emails we have sent you, for example, which content you click through to read on our website
- Information that you choose to provide by filling in a form on our website, including subscribing to newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference, or requesting content, such as a white paper.
- If you contact us with an enquiry, or for information, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect personal information when we meet you face to face or when you contact us either on the telephone or in writing, including keeping a record of calls and conversations that you make to us.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information where lawful and we will inform you of any additional policies and procedures relating to this data where the law requires us to do so:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health, and sickness records;
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. How is the information used and why is it being collected?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation;
- To provide your information to our clients in connection with an actual or potential engagement you have/may have with them
- To provide work-seeking services, to assess your suitability to work as well as administrative and management purposes in connection with providing work seeking services.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about;
- To analyse your browsing activity data to understand how people use the features and functions of our website to identify improvement so that we can provide you with a better website experience
- To analyse how you interact with website and email content to enable us to provide you with better and more relevant content
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
- For surveys or research questionnaires to help improve our content or our services to you.
5. Legitimate purpose
We collect and use your personal information for the legitimate business purposes of:
- Introducing candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts
- Supporting our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- Communicating with you to deal with your enquiries, fulfilling your requests for services and information, sending you communications which you have requested, notifying you of changes to our services, processing payment from you where applicable and monitoring behaviour on our website to improve your browsing experience, help us to improve our website and make our marketing campaigns more relevant.
- To maintain, expand and develop our business
We may also use your personal information where you give us your express consent, for example when you provide consent to receive marketing materials or event information.
You have a right to object to Montreal Associates processing your personal information and if you wish to object, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. Who will the information be shared with?
- In connection with any application, request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed directly to the relevant business unit within Montreal Associates and nowhere else.
- By submitting your personal information through this website, you are consenting to it being processed in the manner described above.
- We will not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this.
- We may use third parties, like service providers, agents or contractors to provide support and administration assistance for the internal operations of our websites, event registration systems, applications and online advertisements.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or if a Montreal Associates group entity or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party
- These third parties may come into contact with your personal information in the course of providing their services to us. They must provide equivalent levels of security for your personal information as Montreal Associates and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Montreal Associates.
8. Do you store and transfer personal information outside of the UK or EEA/EU?
As a global organisation, we may have to store or transfer your data internationally. Most of our systems that would store your information are based in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). If we need to transfer your personal data to countries outside of either of these areas, we will ensure that such transfers are compliant with the UK and/or EU GDPR, as applicable.
Examples of where we may store or transfer personal information outside of the UK or EEA/EU are:
- between and within Montreal Associates entities;
- to third parties (other organisations) to enable them to provide a service to us;
- to overseas clients – as a candidate, you are always informed via your contract for services of the identity of the client you are providing services to;
- to a cloud-based storage provider;
Please note that some of our clients may, in turn, make an onward transfer of your personal information.
9. How long do you keep hold of my information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of contacting you with suitable business or employment opportunities and satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available upon request using the contact details at the bottom of this form. Once the retention period over, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to do so.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breaches and we will notify you and the applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. Links to other websites
We may link to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice.
12. Future changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with or make available on our website a new privacy notice when we make any updates.
13. The right to complain
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions about how we process your personal information, please contact us.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues or where applicable to the relevant supervisory authorities in Germany and Spain.
To exercise all relevant rights, and for queries please in the first instance contact our Data Compliance Manager: